To be a balanced and successful leader or a manager, it becomes very important to know when to delegate and when not to.
In my opinion, delegation is to be done in following situations
- Delegate when ur an expert and now its others turn to be.
- Delegate when there is someone who needs to know that particular job better than u.
- Delegate when you think someone else in the team can do it better than you.
- Delegate when u want to empower people and create the next generation of leaders
- Delegate when you want to focus on new role, and ur looking for ur replacement
- Dont delegate when its ur job, and u as well are learning to do it (Else you will become dumb in due course)
- Dont delegate, because u think ur the boss (If u have competent people around u, flat culture works better than bossism)
- Dont delegate, because u have to keep others happy (U as well need to be happy)
- Dont delegate, because u think thats the right way to show the power (U may totally spoil the job my giving it in wrong hands).
- Dont delegate because your boss thinks you should delegate (Use your own brains when its ur job)
Post a Comment